Salmon Filets With Ginger Sauce
Ginger adds a delicious zing to the rich taste of salmonâ€¦a simple and elegant seafood pairing.
- 4 â€“ 6 ounces Salmon Fillets, skinless
- 2 ounces Olive Oil
- Â¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Â¼ teaspoon Black Pepper, freshly ground
- ORANGE-GINGER SAUCE:
- 8 ounces Zesty Orange Sauce
- 2 ounces Ginger Puree
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce, Low-Sodium
- 1/2 each Lemons, zested & juiced
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro, chopped coarse
- CREAMY GOAT CHEESE POLENTA:
- 3 cups Water, plus more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 4 ounces Goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme leaves, fresh
ORANGE-GINGER SAUCE DIRECTIONS:
Combine all ingredients and set aside for 30 minutes.
CREAMY GOAT CHEESE POLENTA DIRECTIONS:
Bring the water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a boil in a heavy, medium-sized saucepan. Slowly whisk the cornmeal into the boiling water. The mixture should be thick, but easy to whisk. If it is too thick, add a little more water. Turn the heat to low and continue to cook, whisking frequently, for about 15 minutes, or until the polenta is thick and creamy.
Remove from the heat and stir in the goat cheese, butter, and thyme until the cheese and butter are melted. Taste and adjust with more salt if necessary. Transfer to a warmed bowl.
SALMON FILLETS DIRECTIONS:
Rinse salmon and place on sheet pan (covered with parchment paper). Coat fillets with olive oil and season with Salt & Pepper. In preheated oven, cook at 325 for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reached 150 on an instant-read thermometer.
Serve the Salmon Fillets with Orange-Ginger Sauce drizzled on top or on the side. Serve on warm plates with Creamy Goat Cheese Polenta.