Quinoa With Oranges and Avocados
This salad is protein-packed, with cashews and avocado, and an unexpectedly refreshing burst of fresh mint!
TOTAL TIME:40 min.
- 4 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into slices
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- Â¾ cup whole cashew nuts
- Â½ cup currants
- Â½ cup green onions, chopped (about 3 onions)
- Â½ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Â¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice
- Â½ tsp. kosher salt
- Â¼ tsp. freshly cracked pepper
In large bowl, stir together all salad ingredients.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together all dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss gently. Let sit for 30 minutes for flavors to develop. Serve at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.
Tips: You can use favorite nuts in place of cashews. Use a mixture of wild rice and brown rice instead of Quinoa. Use raisins or dried cranberries in place of currants. If desired, use your favorite purchased citrus dressing.
Per serving: Calories 220, Calories from Fat 120, Total Fat 14g (22% DV), Saturated Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 100mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates 20g (7% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 3g, Protein 5g, Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 45%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.