Must-Try Hash Brown Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Crispy, cheesy and totally delicious, this hash brown casserole is simple to throw together and can easily be scaled up to feed a crowd!
TOTAL TIME:35 minutes
- 3 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 cups colby and Monterey Jack cheese blend, divided
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, warmed to room temperature
- 8 eggs
- Â½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup ham, cubed
- 1 cup green onion, chopped and divided
- 3 small tomatoes, cubed
- Butter, for greasing baking dish
- Bacon, cooked, for garnish (optional)
Preheat the oven to 450Â° F. Butter a medium baking dish.
Grate potatoes, then rinse them with cold water. Place potatoes into greased baking dish, pressing down to make an even layer. Top with 1 cup cheese mixture and bake for 15 minutes or until top turns golden.
In a stand mixer, whisk cream cheese until smooth, about 3-5 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, whisking until combined. Sprinkle with black pepper.
Place ham and Â½ cup green onion in the skillet and sautÃ© over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring several times. Add ham and onion to egg mixture.
After potatoes are done baking, pour egg mixture over top and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until the middle of the casserole is set. Top with leftover cheese, tomatoes and green onion. Serve while hot.