Fresh Greens with Orange, Almonds and Goat Cheese
Fresh citrus flavors combine with delicious goat cheese for a lovely winter-to-spring salad.
TOTAL TIME:20 min.
SERVINGS:6 (1 cup each)
- Â½ cup sliced or slivered almonds
- Â½ tsp. grated orange zest
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. white or cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Â¼ tsp. salt
- Â¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups spring greens, arugula or baby spinach leaves
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- Â¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
Heat oven to 350Â° Arrange almonds in single layer on rimmed baking sheet or pie plate. Toast 5-8 minutes until golden brown; cool.
To make vinaigrette, whisk together orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil until combined.
In large bowl, toss greens, oranges, onion, half the almonds and half the cheese with vinaigrette. Arrange on platter or large shallow bowl. Sprinkle with remaining almonds and cheese.