Corn and Black Bean Salad
This colorful salad looks great on the table. It can be made in advance to save you time on prep!
TOTAL TIME:20 minutes
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups corn kernels
- Â¾ cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Â¾ cup orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Â¾ cup white sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely minced
- Â½ cup fresh cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
- Â¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Â½ tsp. ground cumin
- Â½ tsp. ground coriander
- Â¼ cup olive oil
Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Fold gently to mix well. Chill and serve.
This is one of our own Fruits & Veggies - More MattersÂ® recipes. It meets the Centers for Disease Control and Preventionâ€™s strict nutrition guidelines as a healthy recipe.